Location and Hours
The Architecture Center (Building 37) is attached to the Art Center, just North of UMFA and west of the Business campus. The building is open to the public Monday - Friday 7 am to 9 pm. Members of the CA+P community have additional secure access (via U ID) to the building 6 am-Midnight every day during academic terms. The building is typically closed to the public between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Additional studio space for the College is in the Historic Einar Nielsen Fieldhouse (currently being renovated).
CA+P also has three other off-campus studio locations. One is in the Wadman Center which co-locates a CA+P Studio within the AIA Utah Space shared with ASLA Utah @ 280 400W Suite 150 (NW Corner of Pioneer Park in downtown Salt Lake City). A second is located in Bluff, Utah which we rent from Yestermorrow @ 210 7th E, Bluff, UT. The third is a villa providing studio space and residential quarters for students studying abroad in Volterra, Italy.
To reserve rooms 238 (Faculty Lounge), 233 (Dean’s Conference Room), 129 (1st floor MHTN and VCBO studios), and the eastside plaza, please use the Red Book, which is located on the eastside shelves in the Mail Room (next to the microwave).
Plotting and Printing
Plotters are provided for student use in room 133 (next to the first-floor studio). Access to room 133 is controlled by a card reader. If your card is not working to unlock the door, please see Jennifer in the front office. To plot, you will need to put your project on a USB drive and use the computer connected to the plotter of your choice (i.e., the plotters are not currently on the college network). Follow the instructions on the computer.
There are two laser printers in the CMP student lounge (AAC227) which are connected to a computer for student use.
The college has two black and white HP laser printers and two large format Epson inkjet printers on the north and south sides of the west counters of the middle studio on the third floor. To print to one of the printers in the third floor central studio, follow the instructions here:
CA+P Printing to HP laserjet and Epson printers from a Mac laptop
- Connect to UConnect wifi
- Go to the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of your desktop and select “System Preferences”
- Towards the bottom, select “Printers and Scanners”
- In the left bottom corner select the “+” sign
- In the Add Printer panel, select the globe icon at the top
- Under address, enter the name of the printer “m601north.arch.utah.edu”, “m601south.arch.utah.edu”, “epson7210north.arch.utah.edu”, or “epson7210south.arch.utah.edu”
- Protocol: Select “HPJetDirect-Socket”
- It should automatically find the correct driver after a few seconds, otherwise at “Use” choose “Select Software” and search for “HP Laserjet 600 M601 M602 M603″ or “Epson WF-7110”
- Hit “add”
7. You should be ready to print by going into your software from which you wish to print (e.g. Acrobat) and selecting the printer.
Using Windows 10 or 11
- Connect to UConnect WIFI
- Open Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners
- Click on Add a printer or scanner
- Click on the printer that I want isn’t listed
- Choose Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and enter the name of the printer (like above in the Mac laptop instructions)
- In the box on the left, choose the manufacturer of the printer that you are adding, HP or Epson. In the box on the right, choose the model of printer. The laser printer is HP and the model is hp LaserJet 600, m601, m602. The color printer is Epson and the model is Epson wf7110, or 7210, or 7310. Any of the three will work. Click next.
- Click on Use the driver currently installed. Click next
- Give the printer a name. Any name will do, as long as it will help you remember which printer it is. Click next.
- Click do not share. Click next and you should be done
Please note these are public printers and your professionalism in their use is expected.