STUDENTS & ALUMNI: See below for the most current job postings. You can also visit careers.utah.edu to find more information on employers and professional development resources.
AMD Architecture is seeking a CAD Designer/Architectural Intern for a full time position. We are a small office with a passion for creative, sustainable design. Visit www.amdarchitecture.com
Purpose of Position: This position provides technical support, designs, and drawings for architectural projects ranging from custom residential to small scale commercial developments.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of Project Architect, assists in all design and/or production aspects of project development. Will be responsible for routine project architect responsibilities; materials research, detail development and communications with clients and consultants.
- Prepare working plans and detail drawings according to standards and specifications.
- Run energy modeling simulations of project designs.
- Coordination of building systems, building codes and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain files and computer database systems for project notes, drawings, specifications.
- Coordinate closely with the project team regarding design and production concepts.
Knowledge of architectural design practices and experience in design development and presentation documents. Capability to perform routine architectural drafting and graphic delineation in addition to solving design and detail problems under direct supervision.
- Educational requirements: Associates or Bachelors degree or higher in Architecture, Drafting/Design or related discipline.
- Prior work experience in an architectural or construction related field preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to use CAD programs, including 3D representations. Vectorworks and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to solve design and/or drafting problems with minimal support from others and solve technical problems associated with assignments.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of construction concepts and techniques.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude that contributes to a pleasant work environment.