Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Electrical Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
The successful applicant will be working primarily in the mining industry. This candidate must have a background in design of mechanical systems with experience in 3D design and drafting. This candidate will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, be a team player and have a willingness to learn continuously.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN:
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue
Nordmin is a great place to work with great people. Join a highly skilled team, executing world class projects with the Nordmin family.
- Experience with Autodesk drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Inventor)
- Experience with mechanical equipment layout, piping design, material handling and structural support systems is desired
- Self-motivated, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Analytical and detail oriented, and can work independently, however also enjoys working in a team environment
- Excellent MS Excel and general computer navigational skills
- Quality-oriented and safety conscious
- Good mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in mechanical engineering, drafting, architecture or equivalent.
- Experience working with Revit/BIM modeling.
- Ability to create detailed drawings using Revit.
- Experience with Navisworks and developing animations for presentations is an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to continual improvement and learning.
Interested individuals should upload their resume, cover letter and references to: