Location and Hours:
The Architecture Center (Building 37) is attached to the Art Center, just North of UMFA and west of the Business campus. The building is open to the public 7:00am – 9:00pm M-F. Members of the CA+P community have additional secure access (via U ID) to the building 6:00am-Midnight every day during academic terms. The building is typically closed to the public between Christmas and New Years Day.
Additional studio space for the College is in the Historic Einar Nielsen Fieldhouse (currently being renovated).
Brio, in the Architecture Center Cafe, is open M-F 7:30am-2:00pm.
For building policies please see Part IV of the CA+P Policy Handbook.
CA+P also has three other off-campus studio locations. One is in the Wadman Center which co-locates a CA+P Studio within the AIA Utah Space shared with ASLA Utah @ 280 400W Suite 150 (NW Corner of Pioneer Park in downtown Salt Lake City). A second is located in Bluff, Utah which we rent from Yestermorrow @ 210 7th E, Bluff, UT. The third is a villa providing studio space and residential quarters for students studying abroad in Volterra, Italy.
To reserve rooms 238 (Faculty Lounge), 233 (Dean’s Conference Room), 129 (1st floor MHTN and VCBO studios), and the eastside plaza, please use the Red Book, which is located on the eastside shelves in the Mail Room (next to the microwave). Please note that the Bailey Gallery and room 128 are unavailable during the fall 2021 semester due to elevator construction.
Plotting and Printing:
During the spring 2022 semester, the college will maintain three plotters in the southwest corner of the third floor and one in BUC 303. The college will provide paper, ink, and all necessary maintenance. Students are not to change the paper in any plotter. If paper or ink are running low on a plotter, please notify email@example.com or anyone in the college front office (room 235). To plot, you will need to put your project on a USB drive and use the computer connected to the plotter of your choice (i.e., the plotters are not currently on the college network). Follow the instructions on the computer.
There are two laser printers in the CMP student lounge (AAC227) which are connected to a computer for student use.
The college has two black and white HP laser printers and two large format Epson inkjet printers on the north and south sides of the west counters of the middle studio on the third floor. To print to one of the printers in the third floor central studio, follow the instructions here:
CA+P Printing to HP laserjet and Epson printers from a Mac laptop (Feb 2022)
- Connect to UConnect wifi
- Go to the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of your desktop and select “System Preferences”
- Towards the bottom, select “Printers and Scanners”
- In the left bottom corner select the “+” sign
- In the Add Printer panel, select the globe icon at the top
- Under address, enter the name of the printer “m601north.arch.utah.edu”, “m601south.arch.utah.edu”, “epson7210north.arch.utah.edu”, or “epson7210south.arch.utah.edu”
- Protocol: Select “HPJetDirect-Socket”
- It should automatically find the correct driver after a few seconds, otherwise at “Use” choose “Select Software” and search for “HP Laserjet 600 M601 M602 M603″ or “Epson WF-7110”
- Hit “add”
- You should be ready to print by going into your software from which you wish to print (e.g. Acrobat) and selecting the printer.
Using Windows 10 or 11
- Connect to UConnect wifi
- Open Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners
- Click on Add a printer or scanner
- Click on The printer that I want isn’t listed
- Choose Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and enter the name of the printer (like above in the Mac laptop instructions)
- In the box on the left, choose the manufacturer of the printer that you are adding, HP or Epson. In the box on the right, choose the model of printer. The laserprinter is HP and the model is hp LaserJet 600,m601, m602. The color printer is Epson and the model is epson wf7110, or 7210, or 7310. Any of the three will work. Click next.
- Click on Use the driver currently installed. Click next
- Give the printer a name. Any name will do, as long as it will help you remember which printer it is. Click next.
- Click do not share. Click next and you should be done
Please note these are public printers and your professionalism in their use is expected.
Shop and Big-D Fab Lab Hours:
Monday – Saturday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (beginning the first day of classes and ending by Reading Day each semester)