College Goals (2015-2018)
R1.1: Create an agile and inclusive educational setting that fosters differentiated, collaborative learning and inspiration.
- SMART GOAL R1.1.a: CF+R Lighting: Enhance building daylighting and electric lighting so as to improve student work habits, academic performance and positive attitudes.
- SMART GOAL R1.1.b: Convert ARCH 128 into a model collaborative learning space by the end of AY 2017.
- SMART GOAL R1.1.c: By AY 2017, create a plan for learning spaces within our existing building that fosters the ability to collaboratively engage in new modes of learning, thinking and making.
- SMART GOAL R1.1.d: Craft a plan for collaborative spaces (university partners, public-private partnerships) that will enhance multidisciplinary learning and discovery opportunities for our students and faculty.
R1.2: Lead the discovery and application of new knowledge that models a respect for and stewardship of our designed world.
- SMART GOAL R1.2.a: Create an umbrella Center/Institute for College Community Outreach efforts.
- SMART GOAL R1.2.b: Create an umbrella Center/Institute for Architectural Research.
- SMART GOAL R1.2.c: Host an (inter)national conference every year for the next three years.
R1.3: Encourage healthy lifestyle choices through student and faculty support activities.
R2.1: Promote an enriching and respectful environment where people with varied backgrounds, experiences, and points of view can learn and work in an inclusive and vibrant community.
- SMART GOAL R.2.1.a: We seek to have a minimum of 50 percent of our faculty to be from underrepresented populations in our disciplines by AY2018.
- SMART GOAL R.2.1.b: Revising of RPT standards to be inclusive of Boyer’s 5 scholarships by the end of AY2017.
- SMART GOAL R.2.1.c: Bring in at least one post-doc that enhance the research and grantsmanship of our research centers for AY2016.
R2.2: Increase our Student Quality Profile through becoming destination programs that practice the Utah School commitments.
- SMART GOAL R2.2.a: Average ACT of admitted undergraduate students will be 24.5 or higher by 2017 and 25.0 by 2019.
- SMART GOAL R2.2.b: Increase the number of students receiving assistantships, internships and other compensated professional experiences by 50 percent by AY2017
R3.1: Increase the impact of our discoveries, teaching, application and engagement toward respect for health, culture and place.
- SMART GOAL R3.1.a: Participate in a Cluster hire addressing ecology and/or health.
- SMART GOAL R3.1.b: Create and implement an enriched, university-wide mission for the Design-Build program in Bluff by Fall 2016.
- SMART GOAL R3.1.c: Increase our external support (e.g. grants, gifts) to $2 million by AY2018.
- SMART GOAL R3.1.d: Create and implement a Strategic Communications Plan by AY2017.
- SMART GOAL R.3.1.e: Create a Summer Education Institute to broader audiences such as continuing education for professionals and introductory classes for teens and pre-teens by AY2017.
R4.1: Increase the spirit of collaborative innovation in our design community regarding our 4 commitments.
- SMART GOAL R4.1.a: Develop strong Partnerships on campus as part of our MDD program and Spark Labs.
- SMART GOAL R4.1.b: Develop new research efforts aligned with GCSC.
- SMART GOAL R4.1.c: Work with ASSIST, Inc on a long-term plan over AY2016 and bring closer collaboration with the university.
R4.2: Increase our response and impact to “glocal” issues through innovative teaching approaches.
- SMART GOAL R4.2.a: Have a successful architectural accreditation visit in Spring 2016 by receiving a full term from the NAAB.
- SMART GOAL R4.2.b: Create a meaningful set of interdisciplinary learning experiences for our students by Fall 2016
- SMART GOAL R4.2.c: Launch an innovative Dean’s Distinguished Lecturer Series Fall 2015.
- SMART GOAL R4.2.d (R1.1.b): Convert ARCH 228 into a model collaborative learning space by Fall 2016.